Welcoming Change | Personal

I've never been a huge fan of change. Sometimes it seems like just when you get comfortable, change comes along. I like schedules. I like being able to plan. Sure, I like being spontaneous. Especially when it's planned spontaneity.  Besides, it's a fun word to spell. But for the most part, I'm good with consistency.

However, I'm also a big believer in taking full advantage of opportunities that present themselves. Even when it's something that I wasn't necessarily expecting or looking for. 

Yesterday marked the final day in a particular season of my life. Many of you who are close to me already know what I'm talking about, but I've tried to keep the news somewhat under wraps during the past three weeks out of respect for a place that's been very dear to my heart over the last year. Yesterday was my last day at Barefoot.

I've been offered a writing opportunity that allows me to work from home. It was something that popped up when I wasn't expecting or looking for it, but from the moment that first e-mail reached my inbox, I've felt that gentle pull; the whisper to my heart that says, This is for you. Working from home will allow me to spend more time investing in some of the other things that are most important to me. Like my marriage. My home. My faith. And yes, photography.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel it's as if a certain restlessness within my soul has been quieted. I've been feeling unsettled lately as I can see some of the big changes in my life that will happen over the next couple of years, but have been very unsure about how I'm going to get there. And it's as if from one single moment, I'm reassured, once again, that my future lies in His hands. Silly me for ever worrying about it. 

I'm not sure where this road will eventually take me, but I'm looking forward to the next adventure that awaits. And excited that you'll be along for the ride. 

And because every blog post should always have a picture, I thought one from this fall season would be quite fitting:



Post a Comment

About This Blog

For photo galleries, pricing and information, visit my website.

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP