Nashville is Open for Business

Nashville is open for business. Well, most of it, anyway.

After a photo shoot on Saturday (more to come on that later), I thought I'd take advantage of the fact that I had Canon's 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM lens that Jamie from Jamie Wright Photography generously let me borrow. The "L" is for "Luxury", by the way, and I think it's a very accurate description. So while I wipe the drool off my face, since I'd very much like to purchase one for myself, let me share with you the photos I captured from my first visit downtown since the flood.



It's already a week since the flood and some of the businesses downtown are
still pumping water out of their basements.



Including the beloved Schermerhorn Symphony Center, home to the Nashville Symphony and my previous place of employment, and a shining jewel, in my opinion, in Nashville's music scene.





Those businesses with serious damage are closed indefinitely.









But, Nashville never ceases to amaze me. Because even the biggest flood most of us have ever experienced can't suppress the undeniably strong and proud spirit of the people of Nashville and their desire to help one another.



I think we'll look back on this as a time that built, or perhaps rather reinforced, our character as a city. I was a proud Nashvillian even before the flood, but now I feel like shouting it from the rooftops.





So just in case I haven't said it loud enough, Nashville is open for business.




Post a Comment

About This Blog

For photo galleries, pricing and information, visit my website.

Followers

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP